This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter 32bits SignalK install
(2020-01-05, 11:09 AM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 11:57 PM)tkurki Wrote: I should have said: support for 32 bits on x86 Linux was dropped in Nodejs 10.

Wait... that could be the explanation for the sources issue. Debian 32 bits uses debian repository instead the "preferred" node repository because does not exists x86 version. Installing nodejs from node sources installs npm at once but you have to install npm manually when installing from debian repository. Would this make sense?

Hi Sailoog,

What I have done: My first idea was NPM is missing, therefore it does not work. Installed the complete NPM files set. That did not solve the problem.

Tturki informed me that Nodejs version 10 is no longer supported in 32 bits.

Then I tried to lower the version 10 to 8 in the sources. Then a lot of files, also npm files were replaced with the result that SignalK could be installed on my 32 bits Linux Buster version.

Because 32 bits is a bit outdated. Next I tried the Raspian 64 bits OS in my RPI4 and took the Openplotter instructions for Linux systems. That worked very well. 

And with the OpenPlotter settings I could install OpenCPN and also the SignalK server and other settings.

Kernel update is now the 64 bits kernel V8 version (4.19.88.V8+)

Not yet tried the Oesenc dongle (not available) and no OpenGL setting. All the other items are running perfect. Better then the 32 bits version.

Regards,

Bram

Messages In This Thread
OpenPlotter 32bits SignalK install - by verkerkbr - 2020-01-03, 07:53 PM
OpenPlotter 32bits SignalK install - by tkurki - 2020-01-04, 08:53 AM
OpenPlotter 32bits SignalK install - by tkurki - 2020-01-04, 11:57 PM
RE: OpenPlotter 32bits SignalK install - by verkerkbr - 2020-01-05, 04:22 PM