This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMU/Compass callibration
After installation of  the last image (21122019) of tiny pilot I have launched calibration on OP via 'pypilot_control box'.
The compass and IMU calibration succeded and the their age values have been reset and shown.

After rebooting tinypilot if I execute the OP client again I can't see calibration age anymore.

On  tinypilot display (5110) calibration info I can see a 'Fair' (sometimes Good) about Compass   but 'N/A' on imu status.

Should I had locked them?

A last thing:
Struggling  with tinypilot calibration (directly on the device) menu a couple of times a screen with (apparently random) dots  and ciclically a sort of arrow has been shown.
Can't find any information about this feature in manuals, anybody knows what does it mean?

Fair winds
The calibration age is computed from the current time which is reset when the tinypilot reboots since there is no realtime clock. tinypilot only gets the correct time if a gps is directly connected.

The screen you refer to on the calibration of compass is plotting the compass sigma points. This maybe should be removed since it's much better to use opengl for this on a better display.
(2020-01-05, 07:15 PM)webber63 Wrote: After installation of  the last image (21122019) of tiny pilot I have launched calibration on OP via 'pypilot_control box'.
The compass and IMU calibration succeded and the their age values have been reset and shown.

After rebooting tinypilot if I execute the OP client again I can't see calibration age anymore.

On  tinypilot display (5110) calibration info I can see a 'Fair' (sometimes Good) about Compass   but 'N/A' on imu status.

Should I had locked them?

A last thing:
Struggling  with tinypilot calibration (directly on the device) menu a couple of times a screen with (apparently random) dots  and ciclically a sort of arrow has been shown.
Can't find any information about this feature in manuals, anybody knows what does it mean?

Fair winds

Hi

what is the "Pypilot_control box"? is this the Nokia 5110 display you are using? is the another way to do the calibration?

/Ola