This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPU9250 heading is slowly drifting
(2020-01-21, 12:23 PM)Johnnysails Wrote: Testing Openplotter on rpi4 4gig using Buster. Been experiencing issues with imu readings. Installed PyPilot 2.0.5 last night and readings seem to have stabilised. An issue I can’t resolve is the calibration alignment screen. The screen doesn’t display correctly, see screenshot, and I can’t adjust the compass offset. Display is using realVNC on an iPad 1024x768 also tried on HDMI but no different. Any suggestions.

The boat is only rendered in RPi3 where opengl is not enabled by default, RPi4 is always enabled by default but you can disable it. Your alignment is done.

You can make the boat window (background blue) smaller moving the cursor near the bottom edge. Could this be fixed Sean? the maximum high for a window is 444 px if you want to use 7" monitors
I also have issues with calibration
windows on 7” display 480x800.
They do not fit. Many input fields
below the graphical part with rotating
compass are not accessible.

Same issue in sizing in OpenCPN creating
a new config template.

Thanks
—MG
Download BBN Marine OS for raspberry pi 

https://bareboat-necessities.github.io/m...at-os.html

Video of actual installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zMjUs2X3qU

"You can make the boat window (background blue) smaller moving the cursor near the bottom edge"
Oh. I’ll try when I’m near my computer.
Thanks

(2020-01-21, 05:16 PM)mgrouch Wrote: I also have issues with calibration

a new config template.

Thanks
—MG

I have a 19" monitor & still cannot see the lower input fields either - even after resizing the window.

RPi4 Latest OP
(2020-01-21, 09:16 PM)Lazzz Wrote:
(2020-01-21, 05:16 PM)mgrouch Wrote: I also have issues with calibration

a new config template.

Thanks
—MG

I have a 19" monitor & still cannot see the lower input fields either - even after resizing the window.

RPi4 Latest OP
Did you try instead of resizing window resize just graphical area where compass plane is?
I think it could be resized too. 

Thanks

I will work on the ui so there are not hidden controls, but for now there should be a slider so you can resize it.
(2020-01-22, 12:20 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I will work on the ui so there are not hidden controls, but for now there should be a slider so you can resize it.

I couldn't see a slider.

Two screenshots - 1st as it opens; 2nd after I drag the corner to enlarge

(2020-01-22, 05:39 AM)Lazzz Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 12:20 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I will work on the ui so there are not hidden controls, but for now there should be a slider so you can resize it.

I couldn't see a slider.

I couldn’t see a slider or was able to resize the blue (boat) window and would like to know how to turn off OpenGL. I really appreciate all the work that goes into developing openplotter and think it’s important to be patient, while issues in the development process are sorted out.
(2020-01-22, 10:22 AM)Johnnysails Wrote:

I couldn't see a slider.

I couldn’t see a slider or was able to resize the blue (boat) window and would like to know how to turn off OpenGL. I really appreciate all the work that goes into developing openplotter and think it’s important to be patient, while issues in the development process are sorted out.

Well, I disabled OpenGL via raspi-config and the /boot/config.txt has # the 
dtrelay=Vc4-fkms-v3.4 entry, suggested by Sailoog, however this didn’t help with the page display.

(2020-01-22, 04:56 PM)Johnnysails Wrote:

I couldn't see a slider.

dtrelay=Vc4-fkms-v3.4 entry, suggested by Sailoog, however this didn’t help with the page display.

I couldn't see a slider.

Small correction to my last reply. After shutting down and rebooting the boat was rendered as in rpi 3b+ no other improvement though.

I couldn't see a slider.