This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to OpenPlotter
Ok, i did it. Exported the maps from SASPlanet to OpenCPN. Got that covered. Now i have to get the AIS hat and GPS. Also putting the AIS and GPS antenna to my boat. Any recommendatoions?

Also a Wi-Fi antenna to get better Wifi signal in the marina? I listed alot of other topics here on the forum mentioning good stuff but didnt save it to my bookmarks.

No suggestions regarding the J1708?
Hello,

So, made some progress on my engines... My engines use an old GM ALDL interface for serial communication, currently i'm lookign for a solution to read it and transmit it to NMEA.

I hope that my Moitissier hat comes soon so i can try my AIS also Smile

How do i take NMEA to OP? Through USB-CAN?
(2020-01-09, 09:50 PM)xsashox Wrote: Hey guys...

Found this some time ago. I actually work with cars mostly, boat is for my own pleasure. I used RPi before for car multimedia systems on OEM nav screens. For fun. Found this and used my new Pi4 to start to play with this.

I am currently waiting for my AIS antenna to arrive and for the HAT on the shop here to be on stock...

A few questions;
I can slowly understand what Kplex and SignalK (their meaning and usage) the other stuff is pretty straight forward but i dont really know how to import charts to OpenCPN? I would really like to use Navionics charts since i bought this app...

I would also like to modernize my boat with LCD screen instead of gauges (Volvos 5l) and show the gauges over signalK... Is Actisense and other stuff the only option? Not really a cheap option i guess or maybe i just like to make my life miserable :Smile

I am also thinking how to monitor my boat while in the marina on winters... I am currently going through this forum, Ole W Saastadt's blog and OpenSkipper documentation but there is so much info that i really miss some point Smile

Regards,Saso

Take a look here

https://bareboat-necessities.github.io/

'Documentation' section.

It has number of answers to your questions as far as which components can be used to build OpenPlotter system.

Thanks,
--MG
Download BBN Marine OS for raspberry piĀ 

https://bareboat-necessities.github.io/m...at-os.html

Video of actual installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zMjUs2X3qU