This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OP2] Serial alias selected device
Hi Sailoog,
I have Running Raspberry Pi4 with 2.0.21

If I add an Alias to a serial connection and Apply, the alias is always set to the first device in the list.
(See Pictures)
If I selected ttySC0 and type sc0 as alias, its added to ttyAMA0
Do I something wrong or is it a bug?

It seems that you have really special devices connected. What is that?
Are they connected to the same USB port????
are they virtual devices?
Hi sailoog,
Thats the sc16is752 i2c uart devices.
Not o.k. for the app?
(2020-01-11, 08:27 PM)glowntiger Wrote: Hi Sailoog,
I have Running Raspberry Pi4 with 2.0.21

If I add an Alias to a serial connection and Apply, the alias is always set to the first device in the list.
(See Pictures)
If I selected ttySC0 and type sc0 as alias, its added to ttyAMA0
Do I something wrong or is it a bug?

The same thing happens to me too!  Angry Huh
The software wasn't tested with sc16is752 devices. But it shouldn't be a problem to add support. But I don't have a sc16is752.
I think we can talk about this on the boot the next days. I bring some boards with me... 
Wink
(2020-01-16, 09:12 PM)glowntiger Wrote: I think we can talk about this on the boot the next days. I bring some boards with me... 
Wink

Not only can the serial numbers not be changed, if you try to add the CAN connection (MCP2515) with Moitessier installed, SignalK crashes. I guess until you have no Hat Moitessier to try on your card it will be hard ...   Confused Huh