This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot update - new user
(2020-01-30, 06:51 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: The 2020 image is a little too new.   It has some bugs with calibrating the compass.   It should work with the nokia5110 display but if it doesn't I suggest trying the next older image:

http://pypilot.org/images/
Good morning, Sean,
Thanks for answering.  I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I'm still floundering after updating my tinypilot. Here's where I am:

I have tried ALL the images at pypilot.org/images/.  All will boot and run, but none comes up with the nokia screen displaying anything. The screen lights up, but nothing "printing". As I'd said earlier, I did NOT preserve and restore my pypilot.conf file from the tinypilot, so I suspect the display service is not running.  I do NOT know how to list, start or stop services for tiny pilot in tiny core, apart from looking at ps -A, or using kill.

The tiny pilot, right now, has 1.14 build from git per the wiki (https://pypilot.org/wiki/doku.php?id=upgrading_from_git). (I gave that a try after etching and testing all the images from the repository).

It boots, appears to run normally on the bench, and I can ssh into it. All I want to accomplish for now is to restore the nokia lcd, so I can save a copy of pypilot.conf with that much working. I believe I can work backwards from there to whatever image has the best functionality from there.

Thanks again for all your work, and all the help, too!
Elliott

Messages In This Thread
Pypilot update - new user - by Hpeer - 2020-01-19, 06:59 PM
RE: Pypilot update - new user - by jim321 - 2020-01-19, 09:56 PM
RE: Pypilot update - new user - by seandepagnier - 2020-01-19, 10:41 PM
RE: Pypilot update - new user - by skyeyedoc - 2020-01-30, 02:18 AM
RE: Pypilot update - new user - by seandepagnier - 2020-01-30, 06:51 AM
RE: Pypilot update - new user - by skyeyedoc - 2020-01-30, 03:44 PM
RE: Pypilot update - new user - by seandepagnier - 2020-01-30, 07:00 PM
RE: Pypilot update - new user - by skyeyedoc - 2020-01-30, 07:51 PM
RE: Pypilot update - new user - by Hpeer - 2020-02-12, 05:18 PM
RE: Pypilot update - new user - by Hpeer - 2020-02-12, 09:46 PM