This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canbus reception NMEA2K GPS to SignalK
Today I received a Garmin NMEA2000 GPS.

Connected this to my NMEA2000 network setup with the Canable canbus board.

Used the canbus settings in OpenPlotter 2.0 with SignalK server 1.20. Did not work.

After sending the activation string for the Candlelight firmware of the Canable, the NMEA2000 conversion to SignalK worked.

And now with the OpenCPN version with direct input of SignalK it works great.

Regards,

Bram
(2020-01-21, 10:04 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Today I received a Garmin NMEA2000 GPS.

Connected this to my NMEA2000 network setup with the  Canable canbus board.

Used the canbus settings in OpenPlotter 2.0 with SignalK server 1.20. Did not work.

After sending the activation string for the Candlelight firmware of the Canable, the NMEA2000 conversion to SignalK worked.

And now with the OpenCPN version with direct input of SignalK it works great.

Regards,

Bram

Now tried the same setup on my Linux AMD 64 Linux Mint Tricia. Also done with the OpenPlotter add-ons for Linux.

This also works with the Canable canbus board.

Attached Files Image(s)