This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED][OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1
This has been reported here: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2152
But better use this specific thread to solve it.

this is my test this morning:

- Raspberry 3B+ and moitessier HAT 1
- Download and install latest OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT edition NOOBS file.
- In first boot skip the system update. kernel is 4.19.75 v7+, preinstalled driver match this kernel. Everything works OK.
- Reboot. Everything works OK.
- Update system to kernel 4.19.93 v7+ and reboot.
- Obviously the installed driver does not match the kernel and moitessier hat does not works. Download and update driver from openplotter-moitessier app to 4.19.93_1.4.1
- Disable SPI and I2C from raspberry preferences. System hangs.
- Restart. The system starts nornally with SPI and I2C disabled so no data from the HAT.
- Enable SPI and I2C. Everything works OK.
- Put the same SD into Raspberry 4. Everything works OK.

My hypothesis is that my moitessier 1 has been already flashed with the new firmware.

emilecantin please could you try with the starting edition? download and update the system to the new kernel 4.19.93, install openplotter-moitessier app from openplotter-settings and download and install the matching driver.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 - by Sailoog - 2020-01-22, 08:50 PM