This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED][OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1
(2020-01-24, 04:10 PM)Sailoog Wrote: You are running a very old firmware version.  I will try to flash a moitessier hat 1 with that. Thanks.

Yeah, as soon as you mentioned firmware updates I thought that might be the issue. There are 2 things I want to emphasize, though:
  • This is the hardware I currently use on my sailboat. It's the winter here so my boat won't be in the water until May, but I don't want to mess up my existing, working setup just to help debug some stuff. I'm happy to try non-destructive stuff (no updates to firmware), though.
  • The driver really should be more robust than that. The HAT might not work properly (if at all) with a mismatched driver & firmware, and that's fine, but it really shouldn't be crashing the whole system.
I get that this is open-source software, so "best effort" and all that, and I also understand that this is pre-release software. It's fine for these things to happen at this stage, and that's why I'm happy to help test stuff and report issues I find. However, please fix this before cutting the "final" release of OP2. If we want open-source marine electronics to succeed & move beyond the "geek" market, we have to take this kind of things seriously. (rant over)

I'm a Web developer, so I don't know much about Linux drivers, but let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 - by emilecantin - 2020-01-27, 02:36 PM