This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED][OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1
(2020-02-02, 02:26 PM)Rooco Wrote: We have a bug-fix available for Moitessier HAT 1 to work properly in OpenPlotter V2.

The issue occurs, if the following conditions are met:
- Moitessier HAT revision older than E05 (see the imprint on the bottom layer of the PCB board), i.e. any board without shutdown button --> also referred to Moitessier HAT 1 (green PCB)
- Firmware older than 1.4.0 (read firmware app version: ~/moitessier/app/moitessier_ctrl/moitessier_ctrl_$(uname -r) /dev/moitessier.ctrl 1)
- OpenPlotter V2

There is no issue using the Moitessier HAT 2.

To fix the issue, you must detach the HAT prior starting your system, otherwise the installation will fail. The mentioned steps only have to be done once. All subsequent updates can be carried out as usual once the firmware update has succeeded.
Proceed as follows:
- Shutdown system and detach HAT
- Restart the system and log in
- Open a terminal and execute the following commands:
         cd ~/Desktop
         wget https://get.rooco.tech/moitessier/buster..._armhf.deb
         sudo dpkg -i moitessier_1.20200114-1_1.5.0_armhf.deb
- The firmware update will fail after several retries, because the HAT is not attached. However, the linux device driver is updated correctly.
- Shutdown the Pi
- Attach the HAT
- Restart the system and log in
- Restart package installation via terminal. Firmware update will succeed as well.
         sudo dpkg -i moitessier_1.20200114-1_1.5.0_armhf.deb

Please test the new driver and report if there are still any issues. We will publish the new release afterwards. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Thomas

it worked on my raspi 4  - but only after having first enabled I2C and SPI interfaces in the raspi 
config. Thanks Thomas!
Please consider to add to the install program also a setup option, which loads a script to configure the signalK, serial and I2C options for the Moitessier-hat. It really cumbersome (although great for familiarization and learning :Smile to do all those steps necessary for configuring the pressure sensors and gps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 - by SkipperEarly - 2020-02-02, 07:06 PM