This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Output data to N2k Display
With the current open plotter build is it possible to output data to a N2k display?

I currently have the data going to signalK on my iPad but I would like to add a standalone marine display for thinks like speed depth etc.

Thanks

Ben
Yes. You'll first need to connect your RPi to your NMEA2000 network, then you can install and activate the Signal K to N2K plugin in the Signal K server.
(2020-02-09, 07:48 PM)tkurki Wrote: Yes. You'll first need to connect your RPi to your NMEA2000 network, then you can install and activate the Signal K to N2K plugin in the Signal K server.

Hello
We have been discussing this before but I still miss conversion for various nmea0183 sentences to nmea2000 via SignalK. 
Are there a chance that someone will develop support for sentences that are generated in Ocpn? It would be really nice to be able to present such information on an nmea2000 display and also to send steering data to a Simrad Tillerpilot. 
In my setup most of the present conversions in “Convert Signal K to nmea2000” comes from the nmea2000 bus originally so there’s no need to convert. 
Would it be more difficult to convert for example the Signal K equivalent to APB than for example COG/SOG?
Cheers
Pär W
(2020-02-24, 08:19 PM)Celestine Wrote: I still miss conversion for various nmea0183 sentences to nmea2000 via SignalK. 

Can you be more specific? What is "various"?

I may have an interest to connect my Simrad TP32 over Simnet/NMEA200 to iSailor's NMEA0183 output for the coming season. I'll let you know if I get that far.
Here's a start: https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-to-nm...eb96230c7b

(2020-02-24, 08:19 PM)Celestine Wrote: Would it be more difficult to convert for example the Signal K equivalent to APB than for example COG/SOG?

I don't understand what you asking here.
Various = APB, RMB and XTE Smile
It seems like the project you are linking to would solve the problem. Just like you I’d like to connect a TP32 and have it steer by route info from ocpn. In addition I want to have bearing and distance to waypoint displayed on a Garmin GNX20.
On our boat the chart display is placed at the nav station down below. In the cockpit we currently use an old Silva nav repeater to show steering info when there is an active route. This works really well but now the old Silva displays are replaced by Garmin GNX along with a general update of transducers and wind vane.
(2020-02-28, 10:34 PM)tkurki Wrote: I may have an interest to connect my Simrad TP32 over Simnet/NMEA200 to iSailor's NMEA0183 output for the coming season. I'll let you know if I get that far.
Here's a start: https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-to-nm...eb96230c7b

Hello,
How about your plans for this project? Have you come any further?
Cheers 
Pär W
No progress yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk