This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AutoHelm ST-50 Tridata
Hi all,
Is anyone using the NMEA output from an AutoHelm ST-50 Tridata? I've got mine connected to an RS485 USB adapter. I can see the incoming strings on the monitor screen in OpenPlotter, but the local OpenCPN instance in the PI doesn't see the data, nor is it being sent out via UDP to the network.

I've got the input set up in OpenPlotter with no filters.

The only thing I can see that might be a concern is that occasionally the string gets corrupted, but I do see NMEA strings that appear to have the correct data (in this case DBT strings).

Anyone have any ideas on where I might look next?  Huh

Thanks,
Andy