This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there no NMEA multiplexer in 2.0?
I've installed 2.0 and kplex ( or similar) is not an option, just says "coming soon"  in the settings window.  How do you get NMEA data out to network devices in OpenPlotter 2.0?
(2020-02-22, 12:38 PM)pcmm Wrote: I've installed 2.0 and kplex ( or similar) is not an option, just says "coming soon"  in the settings window.  How do you get NMEA data out to network devices in OpenPlotter 2.0?

The Signal K Team thinks that Signal K is capable of doing the job. Have a look at the available plugins.
You can get the NMEA 0183 sentences from Signal K on TCP port 10110 (The same way as opencpn gets the data). I haven' t tried to output NMEA 0183 to the autopilot from Signal K with 4800 baud.

So kplex will be only an alternativ to manage the NMEA 0183.
Kplex has to send all data to Signal K and has to listen to data comming from Signal K (only important for the converted NMEA 2000 data).