This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0.9.0 Node-red crash
Thanks for this new version !

I'm playing around, with node-red and node dashboard on a raspberry Pi 3
Created a dashboard with temp  + pressure based on the example flows in node-red. This worked fine.
Used an external web-browser to configure
System was running now for one day, but unfortunately it now shows disconnect page.
After reboot of the system i see in task manager that "node" is busy with say 25 % CPU load, And I can connect with my web browser to the server.
after 1 minute, the "node" task goes down to 0% and the browser disconnects.
Again reboot same result
The rest of the processes on openplotter seems to continue.
Checked diskspace = enough

Of course I can install an new image. But maybe we can find the root cause

G.
i've also been having some trouble with node-red and OP 0.9. I find it always dies on me after a couple of hours, and often the whole system crashes and I need to turn the power off and on to reboot the raspberry (i'm using a raspberry pi 2)

Does anyone know if there are any logs I can look at to troubleshoot it?

version 0.9 is awesome btw! Loving the dashboards and the ease of set up Smile

Dave
node-red needs more work and testing, do you have any terminal feedback after crashing?

To stop/start node-red from terminal and check errors messages:

pkill -f node-red
node-red-pi --max-old-space-size=128
I too had Node-Red crash and not respond. Reboot the Pi, stop and stop Node-Red did not fix. CPU load was around 28%. I did find that I could re-load my Node-Red flow and get it back working for a few hours, then crash with the same symptoms.

I reloaded 0.9.0 on a fresh SD card, rebuilt the Node-Red Flow, still crash.
Tried only building one node in a fresh flow, then seeing if Node-Red crashed in a few hours, kept adding nodes, wait a few hours, adding more nodes. It would crash after I added the 3rd or forth node.

In Node-Red I am reading InsideTemp, OutsideTemp, Lat/Long, Humidity, Pressure, several 1W temperature probes, Switch closures, controlling relays with closures, Magnetic Heading, GPS data...etc.  

I tried the above in different combinations to see what and where Node-Red would fail.

I wanted to see if the mixture of OpenPlotter and Node-Red on the same Pi may be the problem.

I loaded up a non OpenPlotter Pi2 running Raspian  and rebuilt Node-Red on that Pi and networked to a Pi2 running OpenPlotter 0.9.0 and read the SignalK on port 3000.

Node-Red seam stable on the Node-Red only Pi2. I then built a flow using everything the SignalK server was outputting on the OpenPlotter Pi. Trying to really load down the Node-Red server.

It has been stable for 24 Hours without a crash.