This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NMEA0183 Generator fail to start
Nothing appears

if I insert the usb gps (without generator 0183 and withot sentence in openplotter.conf), diagnostic nmea0183 is ok on auto_gp on signalk and opencpn, on system says: "An exception of type occured.Arguments timeout"

I restarted signalk now appears rudder
"An exception of type occured.Arguments timeout" only tells that no data has arrived in one or two seconds.
Well SK-base_d.py seems to work. I really don't know why only nmea 0183 doesn't work.
Try this:
Tools NMEA 0183 generator
delete all Sentence
add
Sentence $--AAM
Click OK
Signal K tab
Click Restart
NMEA 0183 tab diagnostic on system
unfortunately always the same message
Does that mean you see any $OSAAM sentence?
No "An exception of type occured.Arguments timeout"?
I see "An exception..."

Inviato con Tapatalk
I reinstalled everything on a new SD card, now everything works correctly Smile
I thank you for your answers
To get things sorted.
You are using a fresh installed image of openplotter_rpi_v0.9.0alpha.noobs.zip filesize 1.024.349.965 Bytes.
You said in post #5 that you got nmea messages in K not as shown in diagnostic SignalK in C.
Then something happend and you only got the message "An exception of type occured.Arguments timeout"
We checked that SK-base_d.py was active (otherwise you wouldn't be able to get the rudder message in NMEA2000).
You have started openplotter from terminal and didn't get a python error when click Restart on signalK tab after post #5.
I think that it is "dirty" some configuration files or scripts, maybe my mistake or for some bugs.
If you think it's useful to do more testing I kept the sdcard.
Sorry, #17 was obsolete when I send it because you already solved the problem. Don't keep the sdcard for me.
It was interrupted again NMEA0183 generator.
It 'happened after these steps:
- Line Editing [NMEA0183] sentences (openplotter.conf)
- Restart signalk
- Disable (attempt) opencpn tab in NMEA0183 tab
- Click on "apply changes"

again if I run diagnostic get: "An exception of type occured.Arguments timeout"?

I tried to restore a working copy of openplotter.conf and subsequent restart of signalk and nmea, but without result.

I restarted the system but without result.

There are configuration files outside the openplotter folder? (The previous time the removal and reinstallation of openplotter has not solved)