This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN and SignalK Questions
Hey guys, I have some questions regarding OpenCPN and SingalK integration and getting device data over to OpenCPN.

I am trying to get my GPS (Neo 6M) to work in OpenCPN. I have added my GPS in SignalK as a serial device using ttyS0. I have also got a connection in OpenCPN on port 10110 to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) but cannot get GPS data.

NMEA 0183
ttyS0
Output Events: nmea0183,nmea0183out
Sentence Even: nmea1data
Validate Checksum Enabled

Under Security >> Devices I have nothing registered and
Under Security >> Authorization Requests I have nothing registered.

Should there be entrys in there for OpenCPN and my GPS device?

Attached are images of my serial connections.

What am I doing wrong? I cannot get any GPS data across to OpenCPN

Thanks in advance guys!
Are you absolutely certain that your GPS is on ttyS0?

Try opening a terminal window on your RPI and issuing this command:

cat /dev/ttyS0

If you are seeing NMEA strings, that's the right port for your GPS. If you don't see anything, try:

cat /dev/ttyAMA0

I'm thinking you may be on the wrong port.