This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Up - Passwords and Logging in
Video 
Hi,

I'm doing a new install running OP2 on a Pi 3B+ with Moitessier HAT.  Have followed instructions to get  OP2 installed.  At one point I changed the SSID and gave it a new password.   

I now have the basic network system running but cannot login.  The SSID page is  back to "openplotter" but default password 12345678 doesn't work. The whole section is greyed out. How can I edit it again and save it permanently?

Meanwhile, on a tablet, using VNC, I can see 10.10.10.1 and the login screen appears but again the password I saved for this connection - it has worked once before, is nolonger working.  Again can this be reset?

A third question.  In Open Plotter,  Networks, there are two icons, one page and pen and the right hand one being a micro SD card. I can guess what they mean but I'd be grateful for clarification of what actually happens.

I'd be very grateful for help with the above questions.
(2020-05-10, 10:07 PM)pi madness Wrote: Hi,

I'm doing a new install running OP2 on a Pi 3B+ with Moitessier HAT.  Have followed instructions to get  OP2 installed.  At one point I changed the SSID and gave it a new password.   

I now have the basic network system running but cannot login.  The SSID page is  back to "openplotter" but default password 12345678 doesn't work. The whole section is greyed out. How can I edit it again and save it permanently?

Meanwhile, on a tablet, using VNC, I can see 10.10.10.1 and the login screen appears but again the password I saved for this connection - it has worked once before, is nolonger working.  Again can this be reset?

A third question.  In Open Plotter,  Networks, there are two icons, one page and pen and the right hand one being a micro SD card. I can guess what they mean but I'd be grateful for clarification of what actually happens.

Did you read https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...k_app.html?
The pen is the edit icon. The right side remains gray until you commit the settings on the left side with the edit button.
The basic network settings are saved locally.
Now the right side is no longer grayed out. Edit the settings on the right side and save them (SD card icon).
Special network settings are saved locally. Local settings files are copied to the system area.
The Pi will reboot with the new settings.
(If you want to know your WLAN password, look in the system conf file "/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf").
(2020-05-11, 10:54 AM)e-sailing Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 10:07 PM)pi madness Wrote: Hi,

Did you read https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...k_app.html?
The pen is the edit icon. The right side remains gray until you commit the settings on the left side with the edit button.
The basic network settings are saved locally.
Now the right side is no longer grayed out. Edit the settings on the right side and save them (SD card icon).
Special network settings are saved locally. Local settings files are copied to the system area.
The Pi will reboot with the new settings.
(If you want to know your WLAN password, look in the system conf file "/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf").

Many thanks I'll give that a go.