This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter meets MQTT
I have just implemented MQTT to OpenPlotter v0.8.0

You can test it creating a free account in cloudmqtt.com as broker. Fill in the settings fields in Accounts tab and create an action send MQTT message. Write the topic and the message to send.

Doing so, you can send any data from OpenPlotter to your phone/computer/web in real time. Complete manuals when v0.8.0 is released.

Now I am working on getting data from MQTT, SMS, gmail and OpenCPN alarms to act as triggers.

v0.8.0 is coming
Still struggling with the configuration of mqtt. But I can imagine, how great the possibilities are!

The main problem is, that i can't find a client for iOS, that gives notifications. Gauges would be nice, either.

I would like to send the mqtt messages via SMS, because SMS are free in my contract. Is there a possibility for a SMS to mqtt broker gateway?

Openplotter is a really great project!

Thanks!
Martin
I am not an apple user, so I don't know any MQTT app for iOS. Anyone?

I don't know any mqtt broker that can manage SMS.

a planned OP feature is receiving and process SMS to trigger actions.