This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rapsberry pi hangs up due to an action in OP
I have OP 0.9 running on a rasperry pi 3
connected a 1 wire temperature sensor succesfully: good read out and good reactions.
I wanted to do some experiments with actions.
As a test i wanted to show a message  (=25) if the temperature is getting above 25 C.
this this action completely hangs up de pi3 (processor usage 100%)
If I restart the Pi and OP, the action immediately starts again, and I see the usage of the proccesor rising untill 100% and then it hangs again
I have have been able to disable the action and even remove it during this first minute after restarting. but still the action seems to be active.
I I now just start up the pi (and not OP) after a about one minute I get the message (=25) and the pi hangs up.

Is there a way of editing an action before start up?

thank you,
have made similar experience and ended up reformatting the sd card and start from scratch.

It would be nice to have more options for startup behavior in the config.txt file like ActionsON = 0 or 1
There are some chances to stop Actions on boot.
One is: Edit config.txt
change the line
[OPENPLOTTER]
to
[PENPLOTTER]
This will force an error, so Actions couldn't get started.
When RPI has started edit the ~/.config/openplotter/openplotter.conf and make changes/delete the settings behind "triggers=".

Change [PENPLOTTER] back to [OPENPLOTTER]
now OpenPlotter should start normally.

If you have another Linux system, you can make the changes on openplotter.conf directly.
Grr Ive just had one of these errors
I had to reboot in recovery mode and reinstall from scratch.
I dont know if there is a boot mode which prevents executing of startup scripts ?

Just tried another/different action ie a read of a SPI tank level input and display an "Empty" message.
Same result - Pi goes to 100% CPU and hangs.
Yes I confirm the same behavior as the OP.

1W sensor with OP set to trigger on 290K (I have the temperature displaying in signal K in C but for some reason the action still sees the original K value).
Action is to raise a GPIO pin high - this operates a relay that drives a relay and LED
a 2nd trigger is set for <= 290K with the action to set the GPIO pin low

Restarting with the trigger condition active causes immediate 100% cpu hang

but a couple restarts with the the trigger condition not met i.e. the temperature lower than trigger seems to result in normal function.

Anything I can do to help debug?

Edit: System 
RPI 3 with official 7" touch screen
A mini USB keyboard
GPS HAT
IMU9, pressure, temp, humidity, 1W temp probe
OP alpha 0.9 downloaded from here and updated/upgraded as per discussions in this forum.