This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
... send reports via SMS
Hi!

I would like to use the new SMS sending feature in OpenPlotter.

Which wifi-stick is cheap and the most easiest to configure? I ask, because I read, that with many sticks there is trouble with the correct mode and you have to use -modeswitch, what does not seem to easy sometimes.

Anything else, I should know for the configuration of the SMS feature?

Viele Grüße,
Martin

www.sirius-forum.de
wifi-stick? do you mean GSM stick?

I have only tested a Huawei K3520 and works great. You can find it for ~$20

Here the list of supported devices: http://wammu.eu/phones

You just need to know the type of connection supported by your device and that's all.
(2016-04-13, 05:35 PM)Sailoog Wrote: wifi-stick? do you mean GSM stick?

I have only tested a Huawei K3520 and works great. You can find it for ~$20

Here the list of supported devices: http://wammu.eu/phones

You just need to know the type of connection supported by your device and that's all.

Finally, SMS sending from Openplotter ist running. I did a complete new install. I guess there were old entries for the old GSM device, that was not functioning

Is there a way to send the sensor data via SMS? In the moment, the SMS contains only the data string i define in actions.

Martin
Yeah, In the data field of an action you can write text and you can use variables between brackets, so you could write:

Course: [COG]

and the SMS will contain:

Course: 270

Variables are the short name that you define for any switch, output, 1W sensor... If you have doubts about these short names see the first column in the Inspector window.

Variables can be used in triggers too, so you could define a trigger like:

Speed Over Ground
is greater than
[STW]

The trigger will be true when the current SOG is greater than the current STW

Now the trigger/action system has infinite possibilities Smile
Hi!

Since 0.8 the parameter function, e.g. [AT], does not work in SMS messages any more in my installation. Text messages are fine.

Same syntax in mails or on screen messages is fine, also.

best regards,

Martin
(2016-06-25, 03:29 PM)Alpenskipper Wrote: Hi!

Since 0.8 the parameter function, e.g. [AT], does not work in SMS messages any more in my installation. Text messages are fine.

Same syntax in mails or on screen messages is fine, also.

best regards,

Martin

The parameters in all kind of messages (mail, sms, mqtt) are not recognized in the moment when the actions are restarted.

Sometimes it takes some time and they are send with the next action cycle, sometimes they are never sent and the value is "none"
(2016-04-12, 04:25 AM)Alpenskipper Wrote: Hi!

I would like to use the new SMS sending feature in OpenPlotter.

Which wifi-stick is cheap and the most easiest to configure? I ask, because I read, that with many sticks there is trouble with the correct mode and you have to use -modeswitch, what does not seem to easy sometimes.

Anything else, I should know for the configuration of the SMS feature?

Viele Grüße,
Martin

www.sirius-forum.de

Most often that required SIM PIN deactivation ...