This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No GPS Signal to KPlex
Dear Guys

My problem sounds very similar to the one "Solo" refered to on 9th of january.
I'm working to set up a new system with RPI 3 and Openplotter 0.9.0. When connecting a GPS Antenna (Navilock NL-622MP) and running the setup tool for USB connection, the antenna will be found and you can see the NMEA sentences received from the antenna. The tool installed it as ttyOP_GP.
As next I added the device to the NMEA O183 tabel as
Name: gps
Type: Serial
io: in
Address: ttyOP_GP
Baudrate: 38400 (because it was detected with this rate by the setup tool)
inFilter: no
Filtering: none
outFilter: no
Filtering: none

By using the diagnostic tool, it became clear, that kplex has no signal at all.

Just to find out if the antenna is working in good shape, I changed the input for opencpn direct to ttyUSB0 and it worked perfect with the baudrate of 38400 only.

So I tested around for a while but no solution showed up.
Is there anyone who has an idea what could be wrong with my system?
Known issues "https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/issues/137" There were some language problem with kplex in v0.9.0.
Solution:
1. git clone latest version from github or
2. use only english language
delete all own sentences from kplex (you can't delete the 4 standard sentence system_a,system_b,opencpn,signalk)
add the sentence again
(2017-02-13, 10:26 PM)e-sailing Wrote: Known issues "https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/issues/137" There were some language problem with kplex in v0.9.0.
Solution:
1. git clone latest version from github or
2. use only english language
delete all own sentences from kplex (you can't delete the 4 standard sentence system_a,system_b,opencpn,signalk)
add the sentence again

Dear e-sailing

Many thanks for fast reply. Changing the language to english solved the problem.
Smile
Many thanks for sharing such a relevant and helpful post.

Regards
Mike Craig
IT Services
Hi,

You are not the only one facing this issue. I did this same mistake of not changing the language under the settings tab. But its good to keep committing mistakes and to keep on learning from them.
I am also facing that's types of issue many times. I can't help you in which...anyways thanks for this nice post.