This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressure sensor BMP180
Hi,
I just installed your BMP180 pressure sensor, I just have a quick question:
we can adjust the pressure value (for altitude variation or calibration problems).
On your tutorial, the connection diagram shows a sensor with 5-pin and actually one I received was only 4, so I plugged the red cable to pin VIN instead of 3Vo.
On the same wiring diagram you connect several sensors on the same GPIO pin, how do you actually connections?
Thank you

"On your tutorial, the connection diagram shows a sensor with 5-pin and actually one I received was only 4, so I plugged the red cable to pin VIN instead of 3Vo."
Is not 5 pin in your diagram, it's 7 pin.

"On the same wiring diagram you connect several sensors on the same GPIO pin, how do you actually connections?"
I want to make a clean connection, without soldering if possible.
No, the sensors are pre-calibrated.

The sensor shown on documentation was the only available in the fritzing database Smile
Since pressure sensor has a I2C connector you only need 4 wires (3.3v, GND, SCL, SDA). Pin Vin is right for 3.3v. Be careful, never connect to Raspberry 5v pin.

I connect all the stuff with a prototype HAT, no soldering required:

http://www.sailoog.com/en/product/connec...typing-hat

http://www.sailoog.com/en/product/connec...g-hat-plus
Smile 
OK,
Thank you [Image: smile.png]

In Dashboard OpenCPN can make us appear BMP180 sensor data?
My pressure display shows the measurements between 15h49 and 20h19; while my clock says 2h20 My Raspberry Openplotter support for over 1 heure.
Que's going on?

Can we erase history?
I do not understand the first part of your question, sorry.

Yes, press "Reset" button at the end of "I2C sensors" tab.
Lightbulb 
"On the same wiring diagram you connect several sensors on the same GPIO pin, how do you actually connections?"

I take an old ide ribbon cabel (with 40 pin idc header) and put on some 25 d-sub idc. I cut an old centronix printer cable and put the wire into a box (be sure to disconnect the old ground bridge from pin 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 of the 25 sub-d) . You can solder the 4 i2c cable to
the BMP180 shield or connect it via a crimped 4-pin Dupont head.
[Image: lightbulb.png] On the next 25 d-sub you can connect annother i2c shield. You can also make a box connected to the d-sub 25 for One-Wire DS18B20 (but don't forget the 4.7 kOhm resistance).
(2016-04-14, 06:15 PM)e-sailing Wrote: "On the same wiring diagram you connect several sensors on the same GPIO pin, how do you actually connections?"

I take an old ide ribbon cabel (with 40 pin idc header) and put on some 25 d-sub idc. I cut an old centronix printer cable and put the wire into a box (be sure to disconnect the old ground bridge from pin 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 of the 25 sub-d) . You can solder the 4 i2c cable to
the BMP180 shield or connect it via a crimped 4-pin Dupont head.
[Image: lightbulb.png] On the next 25 d-sub you can connect annother i2c shield. You can also make a box connected to the d-sub 25 for One-Wire DS18B20 (but don't forget the 4.7 kOhm resistance).

Thank you for that answer, I had a little thought, but as I do not have the equipment available, I wanted to know the solution sailoog

But I have to find the track equipment.[Image: smile.png]

(2016-04-13, 05:43 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I do not understand the first part of your question, sorry.

Yes, press "Reset" button at the end of "I2C sensors" tab.

"I do not understand the first portion of your question, sorry."
The history display stops right end of the table and nothing happens

"Yes, press" Reset "button at the end of" I2C sensors "tab."

The "Reset" button (the little house) does not work on my OpenPlotter V6[Image: undecided.png]
Why are you on OP v0.6.0? you should switch to v0.7.1beta or wait for the next v0.8.0. I think in 2 weeks I could release it.
(2016-04-18, 11:08 AM)vSailoog Wrote: Why are you on OP v0.6.0? you should switch to v0.7.1beta or wait for the next v0.8.0. I think in 2 weeks I could release it.

OK, I'll install OP v0.7.1 beta
Photo 
I just installed OpenPlotter v0.7.1 on my PC and I again the same problem with the display of the BMP180 sensor (see photo).

The oldest history is not replaced by the latest updated values; and it is not possible to clear the history with the reset button (the little house).

Would it possilble to have the display of point atmospheric pressure (at time "t")?

see photo

Attached Files Image(s)