This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gains add/remove
If I set add a new gains profile, say called "test", change some settings then remove that profile if I am in another profile then add a new profile with the same name, "test", it seems to remember the gains from the removed profile called "test"
Looking in pypilot.conf, seems the removed profiles are still saved in the conf but not listed in profiles = ["default", etc ]
yes, if you add a profile, and then delete it and add it back, it will still remember the settings. This was my intention however it might not be what you wanted?
(2024-05-15, 01:58 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: yes,  if you add a profile, and then delete it and add it back, it will still remember the settings.    This was my intention however it might not be what you wanted?

For me it would be easier if it didn't  remember the old settings, so when sailing I could have a "lightAirTest" profile then delete "lightAirReal" profile & save the test as real (or overwrite maybe?) . Doesn't take long to edit the .conf by hand so not a huge issue but would seem to maybe make more sense deleting the data as well as the profile name. 
thnx
So to be clear this is because you want to delete and recreate a profile with the same name but clone the current profile's parameters rather than revert to the previously deleted one?
(2024-05-16, 10:26 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: So to be clear this is because you want to delete and recreate a profile with the same name but clone the current profile's parameters rather than revert to the previously deleted one?

That would work, yes. I first noticed it having a temporary profile to try things out then deleting it, having the option to let you overwrite a profile would be nice. Then you could save "lightAirs" to a "lightAirsTest" profile to try different gains & when  you get something which works well overwrite "lightAirs" - hope that makes sense Smile