This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
v0.8.0 serial, magnetometer, I2C
Pi v3
V0.8.0 NOOBS
IMU-9250, GX2200 GPS/AIS, Airmar tridata, LC7 wind

Have installed V0.8.0 three times and every version was different, "different" concerning the IMU setup, nmea stream from IMU and the interface on the NMEA 0183 tab.  I'm a noob, I can't determine where version mods are being logged/documented.

NMEA0183 tab: this has either shown up as a single list box, streams are then selected and defined as in/out, and the diagnostic displays data from highlighted stream.  This version works very well.  Latest download was similar to my first download where NMEA 0183 streams are split into two list boxes  one "in" the other "out."  Saved in/out streams cannot be double clicked and edited, they have to be deleted and then setup again.  The diagnostics/inspector shows entire input stream (not just the selected/highlighted stream) but no way to show what's sent in any configured serial output.

I2C: this now has nice check boxes for sending I2C device streams to nmea (**HDG for example) and the 0183 generator stuff is gone (fine), however the ability to input offsets to the magnetometer have disappeared.  There seems to be no way to input an offset anywhere, at least no obvious method.  Makes installation difficult as the IMU needs correct orientation.
Err, maybe these differences are between what is available on github vs. the MEGA download?? I'm not sure which I downloaded from where. Where should openplotter be downloaded from?