This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A series of unfortunate events...
Sean. You are a great guy. Please let us know if there is a way I can support you. I really appreciate the work that you are doing. The Pypilot is an absolutely brilliant piece of equipment. I enjoy it's performance every time i'm out sailing.
(2023-04-20, 02:34 PM)kniven Wrote: Sean. You are a great guy. Please let us know if there is a way I can support you. I really appreciate the work that you are doing. The Pypilot is an absolutely brilliant piece of equipment. I enjoy it's performance every time i'm out sailing.

See: https://seandepagnier.users.sourceforge.net/...and donate ! https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=uFho...NN0PWQWwJm
Sick in a private jail, significant boat damage, a serious dent in the budget and no more kayak. Definitely an ordeal and not a cool neighbourhood. Can we help?
"Overthinking, I try very hard not to do that."
Sean,

This sucks and you have a right to be upset. This is an example of the kind of oppression that takes place in the United States every day. Millions of poor Americans are subjected to every kind of indignity imaginable while the majority goes along indifferently about their business as if its not really happening. They even blame the vitims. That is until they get caught up in the system of financial extraction.

Its a natural reaction to think that you will somehow get back at the government by stopping sales here. However, I don't think that is the right approach. Being as successful as you can, increasing sales and being able to do what you love to do (and what we all want you to do) would probably be a better idea. Its like the people who get screwed and go to a public place and start shooting. It only adds to everyone's misery and doesn't get to the people who actually did them wrong in the first place.

The American people are your people and we are a good people. We just happen to have a government run by a minority that feeds on our misfortune. We didn't do this to you. We love what you are doing and we want you to succeed! Besides, only selling your product overseas will increase exports and benefit the balance of payments of the USA. It plays right into their hands.

We are all suffering from the dysfunction that takes place here every day. Whether most people realize it or not. A small group benefits from this dysfunction. They are the courts, judges, lawyers, police, politicians, etc.

I would argue that we are all in this together and we need to focus on reforming our government.

I hope you will find it within yourself to move past this unfortunate event and continue providing us with a great product that definitely wins one for the little guy. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the big companies that builds proprietary autopilots has a deal with those authorities to do this. Sock it to 'em!
Sean shit happens. I will support you.
Angry Sorry to hear about your troubles. Police can be such a controlling abusive bunch. Not everyone in the USA is evil.  You are loved and have a family of boaters here.  Guys let’s donate something to help.
What an incredible story! I wish you all the best and admire your ability to continue an open-source project despite all the complications. Go to jail for a shower is just crazy...
"The judge dropped all the charges because there is no evidence of a crime, but now I have also a criminal record in the united states, because here, if someone accuses you and the police arrest you that is enough so in the future police will just give me a worse time since I am in their system now.    Police hassle me for no good reason a few times every year but I have never been arrested before,  I am afraid they will now, more and more.   It costs another $1000 to expunge the false arrest."

What state are you in? If the judge dropped all charges because there is no evidence of a crime, then you should not have been arrested or detained.

If I were you I'd get a quick free consult with a lawyer. Wrongful arrest and detain - the proceeds from the lawsuit might net you a new boat - eventually.
I'm sorry for you that you're having so many problems.

I hope that many donations will help you and make you regain your confidence. You deserve to be helped today but it should be possible that you can also be helped on Pypilot so that you can have more time for yourself.

With all due respect Sean
Sincerely
Gday Sean

How can I donate some money? Sailing with your Pypilot the other day was magic (until my toothed cog fell off the drive unti but that was my fault). Your development has saved me thousands of dollars for my big trip next year. I would like to put in a bit if you let me know how. 

cheers

Phil