This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] O charts wrong userkey on V0.10.1
After downloading the new V0.10.0 image and updating to v0.10.1 , opencpn won't load the Spanish oeSENC charts I bought from O charts, wrong Userkey comes up.  

Any ideas how to rectify this ?

TIA
That should not happen.
Have you recovered the system from NOOBS?
or are you trying to use a different raspberry/SD combination?

If you want to keep your oeSENC/S-63 license you have to use the same raspberry and the same SD card where you created the fingerprint. If you recover the system or you make a backup of your SD using the tool that raspbian includes, it won't work. If you make a image of your SD using the normal way you can have as working copies as you want to use on the same raspberry.
(2017-04-12, 05:25 PM)Sailoog Wrote: That should not happen.
Have you recovered the system from NOOBS?
or are you trying to use a different raspberry/SD combination?

If you want to keep your oeSENC/S-63 license you have to use the same raspberry and the same SD card where you created the fingerprint. If you recover the system or you make a backup of your SD using the tool that raspbian includes, it won't work. If you make a image of your SD using the normal way you can have as working copies as you want to use on the same raspberry.
Hmm, not getting very far, I tried a fresh NOOBS V0.10.0 on the card where the fingerprint file was created after a full format using Windows sd card tools and also copying a working V0.10.0 onto the same card via the Pi menu but neither work with oeSENC bought charts, I'll try checking fingerprint files later...

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
Recovering the system from NOOBS or installing NOOBs again are interpreted as new system and your chartset will not work.
I guess we should document this.
As this is not an openplotter issue, please write to info<youknowwhat>o-charts.org and we will make your charts work again there.