This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copying pypilot.conf to new image
Hi,
I am using Pypilot for a extensive time now. And it is working great. For the last  winter, i've update the linear tiller drive to a below deck situation. And for that, I would like to update the pypilot software also.

I've been using the version:         tinypilot_2021_11_16.img.xz.
And would like to upgrade to:      tinypilot_2024_04_04_beta.img.xz (which has a typo in there I suppose)

And what I understood, is that I need to copy the pypilot.conf from the old setup, to the new setup. So the imu values and calibration is copied to the new setup.
Last night, i checked the content of the current working setup, and the new installed setup. And it seems that the file in the new setup has more variables stored in there.

Will this still work then, copy the old pypilot.conf to the new setup?

Or should I open the new file, and copy the calibration data from the old file in there?

Hope somebody can help,

regards,
W
Hi,

I think you can just overwrite, the missing entries will be populated automatically.

(but just in case do a backup of the conf file in case I'm wrong and the old conf file prevents the startup of the new pypilot)
ok, clear. 
I'll just try it then. See you this would start up.

The backup I already made. So this would be easy to exchange if needed.

thanks!
W.
The beta images are not listed in the website, but can be found at https://pypilot.org/images/. I am in the process of upgrading as well, is there a "whats new" document ? I.e. a list of new features, bug fixes, etc, in the beta version.
A short headsup on the copying of the conf-file..

1#
I copied the conf file from the current setup to the new beta image. It did start up, but no settings were copied. The profiles on gain etc were all empty.

2#
I copied the relevent imu calibration sentences from the current conf-file to the new which is in the beta-image. Also no dice.. No profiles infomration available (the pull down menu remains empty.

3#
I copied back the backed up conf-file from the beta image back to the beta-image. Everything works, but offcourse there is no imu calibration in this actualy fresh install...

So I think I'l just use this new fresh install. And start the imu-calibration again..