This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCD pypilot hat
Hi all,

I have so far only tried to connect the hat on the rpi and the moter controller to DC current to make some tests.

nothing shows up on LCD.
there is some lights so it looks like getting current.
but nothing on the screen.

at what step should I see something ?

how can I test it, like with command line ?

thanks a lot
For the display to be used by pypilot, the pypilot_hat service must be running.

you could even invoke it from the command line but eventually
sudo service pypilot_hat enable
Hi,

I have the same problem, the LCD screen emits a light but displays nothing. I've tried fiddling with pypilot_hat, its configuration .pypilot/hat.conf and the settings on port 33333, with no success. Maybe I messed it up by touching everything Wink...

Make sure you have an up-to-date openplotter 3 so that the pypilot_hat service is available.
Maybe the wrong driver then? Did you find the driver in hat.conf? It is possible the eeprom is misprogrammed in which case you could override the driver to jlx12864 and the display should work.
Hi , sorry for late reply,

sudo service pypilot_hat enable
return
pypilot_hat : unrecognized service

ok just os version
sudo systemctl enable pypilot_hat

return nothing so it seems ok

localhost:33333
is not working.

what could I add in hat.conf ?
i did some screen shots
running pypilot

when i click
"configure" this is the result of localhost:33333

Hi Gildas, what is your release of openplotter settings ?
(2023-05-27, 09:00 AM)gponcon Wrote: Hi Gildas, what is your release of openplotter settings ?
Hi gponcon

all is at the last stable version
up.

any idea on log to check or command I could send to the LCD at least to make sure it can display something and is not just broken ?

thankx

(2023-05-20, 03:29 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Maybe the wrong driver then?  Did you find the driver in hat.conf?  It is possible the eeprom is misprogrammed in which case you could override the driver to jlx12864 and the display should work.

Hi Sean 

I don't see any driver in the hat.conf 
pi@openplotter:~/.pypilot $ cat hat.conf
{"host":"localhost","actions":{"auto":[],"menu":[],"port1":[],"starboard1":[],"select":[],"port10":[],"starboard10":[],"tack":[],"dodge_port":[],"dodge_starboard":[],"engage":[],"disengage":[],"1":[],"-1":[],"2":[],"-2":[],"5":[],"-5":[],"10":[],"-10":[],"compassmode":[],"gpsmode":[],"windmode":[],"truewindmode":[],"center":[],"tackport":[],"tackstarboard":[],"none":[],"pilot_absolute":[],"pilot_basic":[]},"pi.ir":true,"arduino.ir":false,"arduino.nmea.in":false,"arduino.nmea.out":false,"arduino.nmea.baud":4800,"lcd":{},"hat":{"lcd":{"driver":"default","port":"\/dev\/spidev0.0"},"lirc":"gpio4"}}

what should I see in that .conf ?
(2023-05-14, 05:31 PM)gildas declercq Wrote: Hi all,

I have so far only tried to connect the hat on the rpi and the moter controller to DC current to make some tests.

nothing shows up on LCD.
there is some lights so it looks like getting current.
but nothing on the screen.

at what step should I see something ?

how can I test it, like with command line ?

thanks a lot

Did you enable SPI in the raspbian config?

[Image: 2023-06-07-13-13-46-Brak-Brak-VNC-Viewer.png]