This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no alias device created by serial
hello need some help to continue configuring openplotter.
I had some difficulties to upgrade opencpn to 5.8.2 version . Maybe i did wrong operation but at the end I succeded . I  also update all other openplotter applications. 
I have to configure again my connexion with serial .  The device window is OK, the connexion window is also OK, the adding to signal K is also working whereas signalK display the error message:No such file or directory, cannot open /dev/ttyOP_gnss 

Help appreciated. Thanks
What output do you get if you type this into a terminal window?
Code:
ls -ahl /dev/ | grep ttyOP
(2023-05-17, 09:12 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: What output do you get if you type this into a terminal window?
Code:
ls -ahl /dev/ | grep ttyOP
Hello, many thanks for the answer.
I get nothing  with the command line you suggested me. I did the grep only with tty and the 2 lines I get regarding the GPS are:
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root          7 mai  18 11:48 gps-platform-3f980000.usb-usb-0:1.1.2:1.0 -> ttyACM0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root    166,  0 mai  18 11:48 ttyACM0

I check another thing which  allow me to go forward following a signalK restart: creation of a symbolic link
sudo ln -s /dev/ttyACM0 /dev/ttyOP_gnss

thanks for your help