This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heel shows in inspector but not in opencpn?
Hey guys

I have the BNO-055 sensor for magnetic and gyroscope.  The thing seems to be working as it is recognized by openplotter (see screenshot).  The data shows in the inspector (although I'm not sure I understand what it means) but if I add it in a dashboard in opencpn, it stays empty, even if I move the breadboard where the sensor is pinned for now.  Any idea of the missing link??

Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

Really? Nobody has any idea on what's wrong? Sad
Looks like it might be problems with the xdr sentence not being recognised by the plugin -

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134...66028.html

Are you on V0.10.* ?

If so I think you can make your own nmea 0183 sentence to check.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
(2017-04-19, 06:35 PM)PaddyB Wrote: Looks like it might be problems with the xdr sentence not being  recognised by the plugin -

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134...66028.html

Are you on V0.10.* ?

If so I think  you can make your own nmea 0183 sentence to check.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Hey Paddy.  Thanks so much for the answer! :Smile 

Not too sure what you mean though by  "are you on V0.10.*" ?  My setup is fairly basic ATM, with a fresh install of OP (0.8) and node-red in the background for temp & barometer.  I haven't installed anything particular for the sensor since it's supported by OP "by default".

The link you give is referring to dashboard_pi, which I'm guessing is the C++ of the dashboard in openCPN???
Paddy suggested to upgrade to latest beta version op 0.10.x.
To get the heal into node-red you just have to include the json path : $.updates..values[?(@.path=="navigation.attitude.pitch")]..value
and then convert the rad into degree by e.g. msg.payload = Math.round(numInput*572.95779513)/10;

To get heal into ocpn I dont understand the objective, dashboard in ocpn has no control for it.

BTW I struggled to get pressure data to ocpn, there is a barograph control, but I failed to source it - gave up but suspect it has something to do with the NMEA 183 generator.

Hope this helps you further - good luck!
@PuddyB : quote .... I think you can make your own nmea 0183 sentence to check.
can you please guide on this to enable below:

in ocpn for air pressure the $xxMDA is used:
Code:
****MDA,x.x,I,x.x,B,x.x,C,x.x,C,x.x,x.x,x.x,C,x.x,T,x.x,M,x.x,N,x.x,M*hh<CR><LF>
** | | | | Dew point, degrees C
** | | | | Absolute humidity, percent
** | | | | Relative humidity, percent
** | | | | Water temperature, degrees C
** | | | | Air temperature, degrees C
** | | |----Barometric pressure, bars
** |----- Barometric pressure, inches of mercur

have found the NMEA generator in the menu but am stuck thereafter.

All I want is show the BMP180 value which is now submitted as XDR sentence, unfortunately ocpn does not recognize this but expects above.