This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pypilot hat and L76X GPS hat
Hi all 

I have a L76X GPS Hat
L76X Multi-GNSS HAT for Raspberry Pi, Supports GPS, BDS, QZSS (waveshare.com)

I made work perfectly on uart0 , connexion with GPSD. I see the data with gpsmon, in signalK and opencpn get the data from signalK perfectly too.
the data are seen on /dev/ttyAMA0

when I had the pypilot hat this is what I get:
cold boot. I get the data ok like said upper.

reboot the rpi, the GPS are not arriving on ttyAMA0 so all the rest is failing (gpsd, and then signalK and then openCPN)
again stop the rpi. unglug power.  plug power the pi boots and all is back ok.

I read some stuff on UART but not sure to understand eveything. 
if one UART works with 2 specific GPIO pin,  what happen if another peripheral (pypilot hat in this case) is using the same ??

thanks for your advises.
Gildas
You would have to use alternate pins.

pypilot typically uses /dev/ttyAMA0 for the motor controller but it is possible to use other devices especially on the more recent raspberry that support additional hardware serial ports.
ok so I can't use it as a HAT but still can connect it to the GPIO
correct ?

I will try that for my learning,
but probably go with a USB GPS for the final project