This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth speaker connection?
Has anyone managed to get a pi 3 to connect to a bluetooth speaker? I can get it to see a speaker, but can't get it to pair.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
From Raspberri 3 release I have not done serious test with bluetooth but I will in the next days before OP v0.8.0 release.
try to connect a UE mobile Boombox via bluetooth to rpi2.
have done all the apt-gets including the rpi-update for latest firmware. 
connect via the blueman-applet 1.99 alpha 1

device is defected and can also set trusted.
have tried all options for pairing. The bt speaker has no method to input a passkey but just auto pair function. The applet pairs (bottom right corner shows left data activity ok and right one red) and pairing key is grayed.  I assume pairing has been successful.

When now trying to connect I get error message : connection fail: no such file or directory.

BTW: would have liked to have under the volume control icon in addition to analog/HDMI now the btspeaker. Have searched on different forums but without success.
This looks like just what is needed..

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/blueto...erry-pi-3/

Hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk