This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WideLink B600W USB serial to Node Red Intermittent
Problem:  Every couple of minutes the GPS/AIS info from 600W, to Win10 Node Red, then over wired network to OpenCPN, drops out.  It does come back roughly 20 sec later then runs for a few minutes until this drop repeats.  Timing of drop is random.  Confirmed it has something to do with 600W to Win10/Node Red as the Debug window in NR clearly slow the data flow stopping, then restarting.  

1) Am I using the correct signal server?  Node Red?  or should I be using Signal K on the Windows 10 box?  btw, I'm using the Win10 box for Homeseer, Plex, and other annunciation software and due to mounting location, made it easy to connect 600W to it.

2) Is there some buffering of data flow on the USB serial I need to do?  Or is this supposed to be taken care of in Node Reds serial addin?

I did extensive searches, also on Node Red and Signal K sites, but didn't find anything very close to my issue.

Would love some guidance!

Thanks,