This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using ADS1115 in differential mode
(2017-05-03, 11:17 PM)e-sailing Wrote: It sounds intresting and we can try to put it into the repository. (At the moment I have not enough time to completly understand the prog and the problem)
Have you got a circuit diagram?

You have understood how to easily integrate own modules in OpenPlotter!
Regards,
E-Sailing

Cool,
I am still writing on the code, it should be some more streamlined before I forward the code to you. I'll try to prepare a diagram and documentation on how I wire up the ADS1115 for differential measurement for both Hall current sensors and voltage measurement.

I am still not sure if it should be merged into the original ADS1115 code (using only one entry in the GUI) or as I have made it now with an extra entry in the GUI. It is easier to use an extra python script for the differential mode, but keeping the config file as before. I use active=2 in the config file for the entries that apply to the differential case, while the single ended are assigned 1, still not active is 0.

I still have not figured out how I should deal with more than one ADS1115 in differential mode, there can be up to 4 ADS1115 on the I2C bus.

Regards,
Ole

Messages In This Thread
Using ADS1115 in differential mode - by olewsaa - 2017-04-30, 08:41 PM
RE: Using ADS1115 in differential mode - by olewsaa - 2017-05-04, 08:32 AM