This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using ADS1115 in differential mode
(2018-02-11, 04:01 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2018-02-11, 08:40 AM)olewsaa Wrote: Hi,
I have been working on this for some time. I did implement the differential mode in OpenPlotter. I also submitted the code.
However, I have now switched to an Internet of Things on Board (IoToB) approach. I will try to avoid running cables around the boat
if I can avoid it. Most of my work is documented and all source code are available. ESP32 together with SignalK is a revolution, it's
so easy to implement IoToB devices. OpenPlotter happily accept the data and display nicely.
Thanks for sharing the code, I've gone a similar route with an ESP8266 sending temperature, pressure and voltage data to Openplotter but just used EasyEsp to send it using MQTT. SignalK would be better plus it will hopefully make multiplexing NMEA data easier with software serial, using bits of your code will make that much easier. Thanks!

Ole, Paddy I am also on this path ...
I'm interested to know why you think that SignalK will be better than MQTT for this application ?
Performance seems fine over MQTT
Thanks
Steve

Messages In This Thread
Using ADS1115 in differential mode - by olewsaa - 2017-04-30, 08:41 PM
RE: Using ADS1115 in differential mode - by affinite - 2018-03-06, 10:59 AM