This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signalk after update 2.0 failed to start service
Hi,

as mentioned in the headline after updating signalk to 2.0 the signalk.service isn't starting. Checking with command line "sudo systemctl status signalk.service" it shows: 
" scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5. Stopped signal.service. signal. Service: Start request repeated too quickly. signalk.service: Failed with result "exit-code"

Any help is highly appreciated, as I'm currently on my boat and, if possible, I'd like to fix it without flashing the whole os.
From the service app I unistalled opencpn, signalk installer. I tried also to install it with the command line always the same.

I'm on raspberry pi 4 running 32 bit OS. All updates installed.

Thanks.
The status command usually has a little bit more detailed information about the failure. Your quote just tells the fact that it is failing. Is there more to it?

What version of node do you have? Check with

node -v

Should be min 16, for future 18.

https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...Node.js-18
(2023-07-18, 05:58 AM)tkurki Wrote: The status command usually has a little bit more detailed information about the failure. Your quote just tells the fact that it is failing. Is there more to it?

node -v

Thanks for your help ... highly appreciated... and best of all it works!!! Running into another problem. I tried to restore my backup but I'm getting this error message: Filename.endsWith is not a function.

Any idea.

Thank you
(2023-07-17, 08:27 PM)ojessie Wrote: Bonjour,

comme mentionné dans le titre après la mise à jour de signalk vers 2.0, signalk.service ne démarre pas. En vérifiant avec la ligne de commande "sudo systemctl status signalk.service", il indique : 
" tâche de redémarrage planifiée, le compteur de redémarrage est à 5. Arrêté signal.service. signal. Service : Demande de démarrage répétée trop rapidement. signalk.service : Échec avec le résultat "exit -code"

Toute aide est très appréciée, car je suis actuellement sur mon bateau et, si possible, j'aimerais le réparer sans flasher tout le système d'exploitation.
Depuis l'application de service, j'ai désinstallé opencpn, installateur de signalk. J'ai également essayé de installez-le avec la ligne de commande toujours la même.Je

suis sur raspberry pi 4 exécutant un système d'exploitation 32 bits.Toutes les mises à jour sont installées.Merci

.Est ce que vous aurez limage de votre systeme car moi, depuis la mise a jour tout est planter..
kersauson56@live.fr

.Est ce que vous aurez limage de votre système d'exploitation soit V2 ou V3 car moi, depuis la mise a jour tout est planter. kersauson56@live.fr Et surtout ma sauvegarde et également planter.
(2023-07-18, 05:58 AM)tkurki Wrote: The status command usually has a little bit more detailed information about the failure. Your quote just tells the fact that it is failing. Is there more to it?

node -v

sorry for addressing you directly but I'm getting a bit frustrated..... opencpn crashes all the time right after start. I read the hint and it doesn't matter if I enable or disable opengl ... perhaps you can advise how to fix it or to do a clean install. Log attached.

Attached Files
.txt   opencpn.log.txt (Size: 179.1 KB / Downloads: 53)
Well in the meantime I deleted all files in .opencpn, a kind of clean install. Still the same. How is it possible to roll back to 5.6.2?
(2023-07-19, 05:54 AM)ojessie Wrote: Well in the meantime I deleted all files in .opencpn, a kind of clean install. Still the same. How is it possible to roll back to 5.6.2?

I feel your frustration!!
Try clearing the charts and re-downloading them (if you can) and also I would advise that you set OpenCPN to use NMEA 0183 data and use the SignalK plug-in, just converting what you need to get it running. For me I've found OpenCPN to be a little up and down recently, the above makes mine usable but I've switched to AVNav.
(2023-07-20, 08:23 AM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: Try clearing the charts and re-downloading them (if you can) and also I would advise that you set OpenCPN to use NMEA 0183 data and use the SignalK plug-in, just converting what you need to get it running. For me I've found OpenCPN to be a little up and down recently, the above makes mine usable but I've switched to AVNav.

Thanks for trying to help ... appreciate. I already followed your advice to use the NMEA 0183 (got it from your youtube channnel, which I follow) but this is unfortunately a different story .. yeah I cleared / deleted everything in .opencpn .... I'm in the same boat concerning AVNav ... The risk is with AVNav this is just a one man show if something happens ...

Concerning OC the best would be to roll back to 5.6.2 ... I don't know if this is even possible.

Problem fixed:

Dave from the opencpn cruiser forum advised to delete all plugins in ~/.local/lib/opencpn and this fixed my problem