This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current sense readout
Hi all. I'm running tinypilot on a pi zero, with a motor controller based on Sean's plans. I don't have an LCD display, I'm just accessing it through my iPad.

Is there any way to find out how much current the motor controller believes is flowing at any one time? I can find a display for amp hours and one for voltage, but nothing for current. 

My feeling is it's reading rather higher than the real current. If that's the case, the next question is how would I calibrate it? Cheers!
Use a pypilot client; there is one available in the pypilot plugin; it's the value for servo.current. You can also type pypilot_client -c servo.current at the prompt for a continuous readout. You can also venture into using pypilot_scope.

Attached Files Image(s)

changing the current and offset factor you could calibrate it. It is not really important to have high accuracy for this to steer a course.
Many thanks, Ironman and Sean. I'll try all that. Apologies as ever for the late reply.