This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
signal k server not work
After update to the last version, signal k not work.

I try to reinstall signal k and this is the log error:
Code:
Looking in indexes: https://pypi.org/simple, https://www.piwheels.org/simple
Requirement already satisfied: websocket-client in /usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages (1.6.1)
Collecting websocket-client
  Using cached https://www.piwheels.org/simple/websocket-client/websocket_client-1.6.1-py3-none-any.whl (56 kB)
  Using cached https://www.piwheels.org/simple/websocket-client/websocket_client-1.6.0-py3-none-any.whl (56 kB)
/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/cli.js:35
    throw err
    ^

TypeError: Class extends value undefined is not a constructor or null
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fs-minipass/lib/index.js:136:4)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1256:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1310:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1119:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:960:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1143:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:110:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/lib/content/read.js:4:13)

Node.js v18.17.0
    throw err
    ^

at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fs-minipass/lib/index.js:136:4)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/lib/content/read.js:4:13)

Node.js v18.17.0
    throw err
    ^

Node.js v18.17.0
Checking sources...
DONE
Installing python packages...
DONE
Installing/Updating signal K server...
Removing previous installations...
Editing config files...
FAILED: Command '['npm', 'config', 'get', 'prefix']' returned non-zero exit status 7.
Setting version...
DONE

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Hi
i have an issue as well after trying to update signalk
when you say "update to last version" it is update of what ? openplotter ? signalK ? ...
how did you the update ?
from openplotter settings ? from signalK ? from command line ?

in my case it is an update from signalK web application , I run the update, it fails,signalK is all F... up after that
(2023-07-29, 08:53 PM)gildas declercq Wrote: in my case it is an update from signalK web application , I run the update, it fails,signalK is all F... up after that

Maybe you could be a little more descriptive? What does it look like? Sometimes after an update you need to go into the browser settings & delete the cache.
(2023-07-29, 09:44 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2023-07-29, 08:53 PM)gildas declercq Wrote: in my case it is an update from signalK web application , I run the update, it fails,signalK is all F... up after that

Maybe you could be a little more descriptive? What does it look like? Sometimes after an update you need to go into the browser settings & delete the cache.

Thanks for yours replys.
In my raspberry pi 4 with openplotter (version 32 bits),  Signal k interface advised me that an update is avalaible. I ordered the update thru signal k. After update, the signal k server dit not run.
(2023-07-31, 05:56 AM)jvadell Wrote:
(2023-07-29, 09:44 PM)PaddyB Wrote:

Thanks for yours replys.
In my raspberry pi 4 with openplotter (version 32 bits),  Signal k interface advised me that an update is avalaible. I ordered the update thru signal k. After update, the signal k server dit not run.
It might be your browser. Try deleting the cache and cookies in the browser.
HW: RPi4 OP3/64bit SignalK 2.0.0.

I also have same sort of problem, at least the error generated by the reinstall: "FAILED Command npm config get prefix ...exit status 7" is the same as jvadell has.

In my SK/Instrumentpanel there is also a notification "newVersion", which paints the edges of the boxes in glaring yellow so that Instrumentpanel is useless in night sailing. I have tried get rid of the alert but seems to be impossible.

Tried also to update to the next version of the SK 2.1.0, but the update failed generating the above mentioned error.

So after reading this thread I cleared the browser cache (Chromium/.../More Tools/Clear browsing data -All time).
Then I run Openplotter/Signal K Installer/ Reinstall Signal K.

It failed with the same error code (npm config...) as before, but this time also the SK/Instrumentpanel deleted my second page totally and left to the first page datetime, cog and position. The edges were of course in yellow and the "newVersion" alert on.

Any ideas ?
InstrumentPanel settings are stored by default in your browser, so resetting your browser will clear your pages unless you have stored them on the server.

In general clearing browser cache will not fix sk server not running/starting or install failing.

As for the issue with notifications in dark mode in IP please add an issue for it in https://github.com/SignalK/instrumentpanel/issues, most likely the maintainer can come up with a solution for you.

”Npm config get prefix” sounds like there is something off with your node/npm installation and OP sk installer is failing. I am not familiar with that to be able to help you.
Thanks for your hints.

Any idea if uninstalling and then installing npm would be a good idea (or is it even possible...) ?
Same problem under Ubuntu 22.04 LTS running in a mini-PC. After being triggered by the message that a SignalK server update is available, the update failed and SignalK is broken. I tried removing SignalK and re-installing. The problem remains the same.

I found this in the message window of OpenPlotter's SETTINGS app when installing Signalk:

Code:
(Reading database ... 100%
(Reading database ... 258909 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../nodejs_18.17.0-deb-1nodesource1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking nodejs (18.17.0-deb-1nodesource1) ...
Setting up nodejs (18.17.0-deb-1nodesource1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.10.2-1) ...
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/websocket-client/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/websocket-client/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement websocket-client (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for websocket-client
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pip/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pip/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.")) - skipping

I tried updating the SSL certificates, but I'm no expert and whatever I did it did not help.

I tried to check the SSL certificate for https://pypi.org here: https://www.ionos.com/tools/ssl-checker
That gave the reply that the SSL check failed.

I'm hoping smarter minds than me gives this a clue.
Well, I followed the suggestion tkurki made: perhaps npm is f.....up.

And indeed running "npm -v" generated the following error:[attachmen2434]

I then installed nvm (Node Version Manager) using:

"curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh...install.sh | bash"

After seemingly successful installation I run:

"nvm install v18.17.0"

An it seemed to install ok.
The "npm -v" error message disappeared.

Tried then to install SK 2.1.0 (via the SK dashboard), but it still fails.
I am not using the OP3/SK Installer/Reinstall SK, as it still kills the SK server totally.

I read somewhere that the default action for resolving localhost in nodejs has changed to IPv6-format, previously it was IPv4-format. This created a connection problem between AvNav and SK 2.0.0, the connection was defined as "localhost" in SK. Changing that to "127.0.0.1" solved the problem. Thanks again for the AvNav-expert !

Could the problem be something that trivial ?
And are the OP3 and SK2.x.x versions (nodejs/npm) inline ??

Sorry, wrong attatchment decribing the "npm -v" error, this is the rigth one...

Attached Files Image(s)

.txt   nvm nodejs npm.txt (Size: 199 bytes / Downloads: 58)