This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I2C settings for ADS1015
Hi All,
I am working on hooking up an ADS1015s to the I2C bus in Openplotter 3. The I2C app finds it just fine. Permission is granted for Signalk so that is all good. When I go to the setup for the ADS1015 if I click include raw data I see the data come into Signalk. If I don't click include raw data I get "null". It appears I need to understand what goes in the settings for the ADS1015. As installed it has "Range1 = 0|1700-> 0|16" which I assume is a setup for the ADS1015 config register but I can't seem to correlate this with fields in the register. nor do I know what Range1 is.
Is there a decoder ring for this setup? I could just work with the raw data but I would like to use the scaling features. Thanks for any help on this.
Can you explain what you mean when you say you would like to use the scaling features?
if i were at your place, i would go with your ADS and connect it with an esp32 or esp8266 and do the signalk connection via wifi. you get better security for your raspi from the mesuring voltages and mostly the esp apps have an better documentation for their sources in github.

but you have to be ready to learn some programming, take an look at https://github.com/Techstyleuk/sensesp-engine_monitor

good luck - holger
I'd wholly agree with holgerw. You'll have much more flexibility with the ability to site your sensors remotely from the Pi.