This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
airmar pb100 with combiner
i noticed a used Airmar ultrasonic weatherstation with a combiner at a used marine store today so i bought it.
i am having a little problem getting data off of it. it has a usb output and openplotter sees it. the docs say to use 57600 with the combiner when i run cat /dev/the device i see gibberish and the light on the device is blinking like it should. so i am assuming data is coming from the device..
my question is their a linux command i can use to see the nmea stream so i can tell if it is actual working? Huh

signalK is not getting any data
(2023-09-29, 11:59 PM)ddelorme Wrote: i noticed a used Airmar ultrasonic weatherstation with a combiner at a used marine store today so i bought it.
i am having a little problem getting data off of it. it has a usb output and openplotter sees it. the docs say to use 57600 with the combiner when i run cat /dev/the device i see gibberish and the light on the device is blinking like it should. so i am assuming data is coming from the device..
my question is their a linux command i can use to see the nmea stream so i can tell if it is actual working? Huh

signalK is not getting any data

so i found the answer i used minicom the document i had was wrong the baud rate was 38400. now it is outputting data. very cool now i need to mount and test to see if it is showing correct data. it has been a while dealing with hardware and software as i have been doing other maintenance to my alberg 37. i also scored a e85001 so i can convert old seatalk data to my system. Big Grin
i have it working i am also using a e85001 interface to import the data off my seatalk depth sensor. my next problem is to send nmea date back to the airmar pb100 to set data from the device output gps data.
nmea device.
https://www.airmartechnology.com/uploads...v1.007.pdf