This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any significant differences between the Pnautic AP and the Pypilot.org AP?
I need an AP for a passage soon (New Orleans to Key West) and I'm assuming the store will be down for the foreseeable future.  Just wondering if the unit sold at Pcnautic ( https://pcnautic.com/en/product/pcnautic-autopilot ) is basically the same as the one sold in the pypilot.org store, in terms of functionality, etc.  Pardon my ignorance.  I'm new to sailing and this my first boat, and although I'm a web developer and fairly tech savvy I posses very little knowledge about electronics.  

I have wheel steering and my boat is ~22,000lbs.  I have a used CPT autopilot motor that I plan on using and still need some other components from the CPT system minus the "brain" they use.