This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss of Power, loss of OpenCPN config
Hiya,

When I loose power to my Pi running OpenPlotter, I also loose the OpenCPN config....

Next time I boot the Pi everything has gone and its like you are starting OpenCPN for the first time.

Has anyone else solved this issue?

Kind regards

Jason
maybe more info on version etc would enable better advise Wink

Have you tried to close ocpn after all your setting adjustments and reopen? - as far as I recall ocpn stores the ini data only on close and not when leaving the dialogues !
lone_viperHiya,

When I loose power to my Pi running OpenPlotter, I also loose the OpenCPN config....

Next time I boot the Pi everything has gone and its like you are starting OpenCPN for the first time.

Hello - you have to quit OpenCPN gracefully - and give it some Time to save his Config.
It shows the grey Screen of shutting down if you hit the CloseBox.

Sometimes it is really usefull to have an Backup of its config handy - so make one now:

cp -R /home/pi/.opencpn /home/pi/.opencpn-backup

to restore:
mv ~/.opencpn ~/.opencpn-bad
cp -R ~/.opencpn-backup ~/.opencpn

lone_viperHiya,

Hello - you have to quit OpenCPN gracefully - and give it some Time to save his Config.
It shows the grey Screen of shutting down if you hit the CloseBox.

Sometimes it is really usefull to have an Backup of its config handy - so make one now:

cp -R /home/pi/.opencpn /home/pi/.opencpn-backup

to restore:
mv ~/.opencpn ~/.opencpn-bad
cp -R ~/.opencpn-backup ~/.opencpn