This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] v0.11.5 BMP180 not recognised and not working
I've upgraded from 0.11.3 to 0.11.5 and I cannot see and set up the BMP180 I2C sensors.
Auto detection results in MS5611 at 0x76 and HTU21D at 0x40
I manually added BMP180 at 0x76 and set up signal K keys

When I run the SK diagnostic no information is appearing. It works fine in 0.8.0

I tried running in debug mode with following result  "pi@openplotter:~ $ python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter.py
python: can't open file '/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I have a pi 3 with no other addons
my BMP180 was found at 0x77 for what its worth. I would also check the contacts - had the same issue when testing around, removed and reconnected the sensor and worked again.

just my 2cents
(2017-05-15, 09:25 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: my BMP180 was found at 0x77 for what its worth. I would also check the contacts - had the same issue when testing around, removed and reconnected the sensor and worked again.

just my 2cents

Thanks I checken with I2cdetect  mine is in 0x77 also but it still doesnt work
Change sd card forthe one with v0.8 and it worked  right away did, not change anything in the hardware side
Please add manually BMP180 at 0x77 and then double click to assign signal k keys. I know we need documentation...
Thinking of adding a button to check I2cdetect
(2017-05-16, 05:16 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Please add manually BMP180 at 0x77 and then double click to assign signal k keys. I know we need documentation...
Thinking of adding a button to check I2cdetect

Have to say I love OP have V0.8 running on the ship, testing with V0.11.5

Thanks for the hint but I already did that, still not working.
by the way, when closing the diagnostic signal K window an not responding error message sometimes appears.
The error on closing diagnostic signal K window is no related to this issue.

Try to open a terminal and type just openplotter to run in debug mode and press restart button on I2C tab having the BMP180 configured in 0x77 and signal k keys assigned.

thanks for testing
(2017-05-16, 08:04 PM)Sailoog Wrote: The error on closing diagnostic signal K window is no related to this issue.

Try to open a terminal and type just openplotter to run in debug mode and press restart button on I2C tab having the BMP180 configured in 0x77 and signal k keys assigned.

thanks for testing

I upgraded to 0.11.7 BMP180 still not working, BME280 working flawlessly, possibly a driver issue?

When starting and restarting in debug mode no messages appear.
Try this: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=472
(2017-05-22, 06:18 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Try this: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=472

I just saw that yesterday and it worked
Problem closed for the moment thanks al lot