This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using APB to control Pypilot
Hi,

My setup is signalk 2.3.0, chart plotter freeboard 2.3.1 and pypilot 0.42
When I make a route active in freeboard I would like that pypilot follow the track.
I use the plugin "Convert Signal K to NMEA0183" with  "APB - Autopilot info" checked in my server K server.
I can see in the log window that the server send the right sentences on port 10110, but my pypilot don't catch the course.
On the tab "Configuration" of the Pypilot webpage I have write the Ip and the Port of my server.  

Has somebody successfully configured a signalk K server to send APB to the pypilot?

Best regards

Vincent
Next to APB, you also need RMC messages for the 'GPS mode' to be enabled in pypilot. See https://github.com/pypilot/workbook/wiki...3-messages
You need to first ensure that pypilot supports gps mode. This means that pypilot is somehow receiving gps. If this is working, ensure pypilot receives APB nmea messages on port 20220. The most recent version of pypilot will create a "NAV" mode when both gps and route following is available.

previous versions simply treated gps mode as nav mode when apb was received.
To make the connection between the serveur (signalk) and tinypilot, I active the mdns mode in the setting page.
Then I go to the security/Access request page and I valid the pypilot connection, finally In security/Device I give Read/Write access ti pypilot.
My  device is now connected and I can see it in the data browser (navigation.attitude).
The pypilot take the GPS of the server but don't follow the track!