This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual keyboard - how to lose it from screen?
I am using a newly installed Openplotter and the panel has a keyboard symbol on it for the virtual keyboard. It works in that a keyboard appears, but I can see no way to remove that keyboard from the screen. When I click on the keyboard symbol again, it just pops up another virtual keyboard.  I am using keyboard-EN.xml (chosen from 'Settings 3.6.6') which was installed along with Openplotter.

The virtual keyboard itself has no key to close it (e.g. 'escape').

Philip
Click the X symbol at the top right.

Attached Files Image(s)

No, I don't have that. There is no close or minimize etc. All I have are the keyboard keys taking up 3/5ths of the top of the screen. No option to move the window either.
That is odd then. I can grab the horizontal bar that says "keyboard" and move it too. I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

Can you post a screenshot?

Edit - like you I am using keyboard-EN.xml in Settings 3.6.6
As you can see there is no surround to the keyboard elements.

Never seen that. Can you try putting the taskbar on top as it is by default and see if you get the expected behaviour? Just to narrow down the issue.
Well that is a puzzle. I wondered if it was something to do with your having the taskbar at the bottom whereas mine is normally at the top. However I moved mine to the bottom but still see the options to close/resize.

Have you tried with the taskbar at the top? Edit - beaten to it by MigGat!

Attached Files Image(s)

just tried that and no difference. The virtual keyboard has no surround or top line. When i moved the panel back down to the bottom the keyboard stayed in the same position with a space above it where the panel had been - ie nothing was revealed under the top panel.
Raspberry model?

OpenPlotter image?

OS version?

Wayland or x11 server?
(2024-01-03, 02:12 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Raspberry model?

OpenPlotter image?

OS version?

Wayland or x11 server?

RPi 4. I have a RPi5 but OpenPlotter is not yet available for that.

64 bit. Just loaded the other day. 2023-08-4-OpenPlotter-v3-stable-64bit-img.zip

Doesn't the image contain the OS? If not, where do I locate it.

I presume x11?

Philip