This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating custom NMEA sentence
(2017-05-29, 03:44 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: Strange! - at my install its exactly opposite!
I get a OCXDR sentence generated which is not shown in the ocpn dashboard, would need the OCMDA - tried to use NMEA converter but gave at the end up as its shown correctly in node-red.

but would also like to use the Konni-logbook with automatic airpressure setting. - I always thought as the dashboard cant show the pressure so the konni will not get it. - but what you observed is totally strange.
This is what I put into the nmea generator to get an nmea sentence which the opencpn dashboard understands, just tried it with your node-red flow minus the file saving (Thanx! Saves me  together one :Smile  and it seems to work just fine. Having  data all on the same screen with opencpn is very handy under way. 

[Image: fHiQTJx.png]

Quote:BTW - this konni-logbook is really great but would be even better if it is not embedded into ocpn but a separate program in OP as it could then be extended to record automatically also other measures which have nothing to do with ocpn (e.g engine temp, water or fuel levels etc )
Very unlikely, the konni logbook is written as a plugin for opencpn, to stand alone it would mean pretty much starting from scratch. But hope on the horizon , looks like  Sailoog has something in his far reaching sights :Cool I've been using RDDtools to log data which seems like a very good database for time based data but bit of a run around to get it to do things.

Messages In This Thread
Creating custom NMEA sentence - by PaddyB - 2017-05-29, 02:47 PM
RE: Creating custom NMEA sentence - by PaddyB - 2017-05-29, 04:25 PM
RE: Creating custom NMEA sentence - by Sailoog - 2017-05-30, 05:58 PM
RE: Creating custom NMEA sentence - by PaddyB - 2017-05-30, 07:51 PM
RE: Creating custom NMEA sentence - by PaddyB - 2017-05-31, 11:50 AM
RE: Creating custom NMEA sentence - by Sailoog - 2017-05-31, 04:39 PM
RE: Creating custom NMEA sentence - by PaddyB - 2017-06-01, 08:42 AM