This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tinypilot image
There are no constraints on special characters, and the length or number of words... you might see in the interface what is too many?
Ok we will do what we can, "Commander" seems too long but how about "Consigne" at the same place? How Can we know if it is too long or not? I Say "we" because we are 4 ready to work on this issue. Could you please tell us again what is the best way to submit the changes for acceptance?
I assume you mean the translations for the web interface? Check this:

https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/blame...essages.po

stelian has made some improvements already as you can see in the blame log. I was under the impression that the translations were "ok" but any improvements would be great! Can you submit a pull request to git? If you were able to do this, it would help also log the changes because in the future there can be disputes. It is really difficult for me to resolve these as I unfortunately do not speak the various languages.
(2024-03-12, 01:52 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: I assume you mean the translations for the web interface?  Check this:

https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/blame...essages.po

stelian has made some improvements already as you can see in the blame log.  I was under the impression that the translations were "ok" but any improvements would be great!    Can you submit a pull request to git?  If you were able to do this, it would help also log the changes because in the future there can be disputes.    It is really difficult for me to resolve these as I unfortunately do not speak the various languages.

Ok good! It looks like the translation job to French has been done already, and at first glance properly, however these translations are not fully implemented on the tinypilot last version we are talking about here 2024_02_20 I believe. I think what should be investigated is why is it so?
I give you some examples:
Instead of "cap" "titre" is displayed
Instead of "virement" "clouer" is displayed
Instead of "consigne" "commander" is displayed
All those currently displayed have no meaning in the context of an autopilot.

Please let us know your thought about this. Do we need to open a bug report in github?
Good day.
Hi Sean and MBJ335,
I have checked the french translation in the file tc@pypilot:/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tinypilot/pypilot/web/translations/fr/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po and this is roughly correct, but this is not the translation that appears in the web control display. The English text is the same than in pypilot_web.pot, so it seems that the translation is not correctly applied to this file. I presume that this job is supposed to be done by babel but I am not able to go further in this debugging.
I hope to bring some help!

Curiously, I am not able to change language in the web control. I have tried to switch on spanish and to restart the pilot but the web control is still in french.
I will look into it!
Could you try:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xYzzJ83...sp=sharing
Hello Sean, as said on the other thread, all is ok for me with that version. Excellent job, thank you!
Eric
Hello Sean, Eric,
I have been trying the 0.51 version of tinypilot for a couple of hours now and I confirm it looks OK. Still have to try it at sea though.
Thank you Sean for the good work, I can now show pypilot to other sailors around and maybe get you new users ;-)
MBJ
(2024-03-05, 07:44 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: Is there any output in the calibration log?    Did you level the boat?

If pitch is wrong way around,  it likely just means the heading offset is 180 out...  I should fix it by default because on my boat facing the screen is facing stern where it would normally be toward bow.

Another update. I've changed the image from the beta to the latest stable release and now everything works as expected. Well at least the compass wants to calibrate. Only motored around in the anchorage for a bit. First I tried calibrating the beta version again and it's really weird. It draws a circle of dots somewhere in the area of the sphere, but the heading in the plotter doesn't change. The message box gives the usual messages but no refreshing of the calibration. Would it be helpful if I try to retrieve some log data from the SD card?