This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug in OCPN ?
I also this over in OPCN's forum. It is I think a bug in OCPN but might be something else. 

Running on Pi 3 with everything up to date.

The heading of the ownship icon freezes when autofollow is on. Manually move the chart or release autofollow and the icon starts indicating the correct heading again.

Heading comes from HDG sentence 

In a possibly connected issue the Ownship icon does not recognise the heading when the only sentence into OCPN is HDM; although the the dashboard does recognise HDM (but ironically the display box on the Dash is labelled HDG; which is isn't). 

Anybody else seeing this?
(2017-06-02, 12:11 PM)Littlechay Wrote: I also this over in OPCN's forum. It is I think a bug in OCPN but might be something else. 

The heading of the ownship icon freezes when autofollow is on. Manually move the chart or release autofollow and the icon starts indicating the correct heading again.

In a possibly connected issue the Ownship icon does not recognise the heading when the only sentence into OCPN is HDM; although the the dashboard does recognise HDM (but ironically the display box on the Dash is labelled HDG; which is isn't). 

There are various heading sentences, and some are magnetic, others are not.   OpenCPN likely doesn't handle all of them the same way and probably has bugs.   I can say I never saw this problem using my autopilot (pypilot) which outputs compass heading from the mpu9255 to opencpn
(2017-06-18, 02:46 PM)seandepagnier Wrote:
(2017-06-02, 12:11 PM)Littlechay Wrote: I also this over in OPCN's forum. It is I think a bug in OCPN but might be something else. 

There are various heading sentences, and some are magnetic, others are not.   OpenCPN likely doesn't handle all of them the same way and probably has bugs.   I can say I never saw this problem using my autopilot (pypilot) which outputs compass heading from the mpu9255 to opencpn

Sean, Can you please tell me what sentences that you are using for ships heading so that I can try to replicate your setup and try to get to the bottom of this? 

Not being able to see autofollow when I also want to see the heading line is quite a serious bug for me. 

Chris