This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case for Rpi5 + NVMe bottom + MacArthur HAT
Hi yall, 

Happy to share this iteration of a case for the most-demanded sandwich : Pi5 + NVMe Bottom and MacArthur HAT. 

This case fits Pimoroni, Pineberry and Geekworm NVMeM.2 SSD bottom HATs.
You should not need additional screws other than the one from the bottom hat + MacArthur provided ones.
I had to make some design choices regarding various aspects such as the power button, SD card, NVMe or cam/display ribbon ports access.
Feel free to share feedback or comments on it. 

The files and additional view are available here :  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6514685

I've done a couple of 3D prints of it to tighten the fit, the assembly should hold firmly inside the case once enclosed with the 3 screws. 
Most ports are flush with the outer case and easily accessible. 

NB: I couldn't try the assembly with the power module on and connected. It might need some tweak if the power module is heating a lot

Happy Sunday!
Heart Heart Heart

Is the power button easy to access?

The power module does not get very hot, but maybe a few holes on top for breathing will not hurt.
(2024-03-03, 07:06 PM)Kism Wrote: Hi yall, 

Happy to share this iteration of a case for the most-demanded sandwich : Pi5 + NVMe Bottom and MacArthur HAT. 

This case fits Pimoroni, Pineberry and Geekworm NVMeM.2 SSD bottom HATs.
You should not need additional screws other than the one from the bottom hat + MacArthur provided ones.
I had to make some design choices regarding various aspects such as the power button, SD card, NVMe or cam/display ribbon ports access.
Feel free to share feedback or comments on it. 

The files and additional view are available here :  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6514685

I've done a couple of 3D prints of it to tighten the fit, the assembly should hold firmly inside the case once enclosed with the 3 screws. 
Most ports are flush with the outer case and easily accessible. 

NB: I couldn't try the assembly with the power module on and connected. It might need some tweak if the power module is heating a lot

Happy Sunday!
 Kism,

I am interested. Can you please keep me updated on progress.

Loffy
Adds 3d printer to amazon basket.......
(2024-03-11, 09:54 AM)Loffy Wrote:  Kism,

I am interested. Can you please keep me updated on progress.

Loffy

Thanks for your message! Will definitely update, I had a prototype from top-notch 3d printers in hand and its great, just need a couple of adjustments.

(2024-03-15, 09:36 AM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: Adds 3d printer to amazon basket.......

lol, that will be an expensive case for you ^^ . That said, there is so much you can do with one, especially if you learn how do design your stuff.
Be careful because the overhangs and small parts of this case (holes and threaded parts) won't be great on low-end 3d printers. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Cheers
(2024-03-15, 09:36 AM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: Adds 3d printer to amazon basket.......

I'll print you one Mat.  Any colour as long as it's white.

Mike D
(2024-03-21, 09:17 PM)SVKitten Wrote:

I'll print you one Mat.  Any colour as long as it's white.

Mike D

That would be amazing - thanks!
Kism I'd be interested in one if you're offering a printing service?
Hi there! Sure thing I will soon come with a finished product, with an updated design. The current one has a lot of weak points and so is not as durable as I wanted (:
It will be available in May.
Cheers