This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIFFERENTIAL MODE ADS1115
Is possible to configure I2C in OP3 for differential mode measuring a signal?

OP3 detects the four channels for single-ended connection, but I do not know how to configure differential mode.
(Using A0-A!, or A2-A3)

Thanks for help!
(2024-03-10, 09:52 PM)SARASTRO Wrote: Is possible to configure I2C in OP3 for differential mode measuring a signal?

OP3 detects the four channels for single-ended connection, but I do not know how to configure differential mode.
(Using A0-A!, or A2-A3)

Thanks for help!

Can't help with the exact question but worth noting that the ADS1115 isn't "real" differential, it measures just measures the 2 channels voltage above ground & subtracts one from the other internally.
Many thanks, Paddy,

I want to avoid the possible offset between the GND on the RPI and the negative pole of the batteries when measuring the voltage.
In any case, the ADAFRUIT technical documentation recommends the differential mode as the most immune to distortions caused by very long cables. This is my case.

But I will have to test it on the boat and see if this GND offset really exists, and the precision I get with the  single end connection
(2024-03-11, 02:00 PM)SARASTRO Wrote: Many thanks, Paddy,

I want to avoid the possible offset between the GND on the RPI and the negative pole of the batteries when measuring the voltage.
In any case, the ADAFRUIT technical documentation recommends the differential mode as the most immune to distortions caused by very long cables. This is my case.

But I will have to test it on the boat and see if this GND offset really exists, and the precision I get with the  single end connection

Might be worth trying  connecting the ground of the ads1115 direct to the battery negative? I´ve been doing something similar measuring LiFePo4 cell voltages and ended up using opamps to change differential voltages into voltage above ground but that starts to get pretty complicated. For my google/youtube education anyway ?